Patient Service Specialist - Evenings
Company: The Cleveland Clinic
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Join Cleveland Clinics Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health and
become a part of one of the most respected healthcare organizations
in the world. The Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health is a medical
center dedicated solely to the pursuit of more effective treatments
for brain diseases and to the provision of state-of-the-art care
for patients affected by these diseases and their families. Here,
you will work alongside passionate and dedicated caregivers,
receive endless support and appreciation and build a rewarding
As a Patient Service Specialist, you will provide comprehensive,
proactive and Patient First customer service to our patients and
visitors through the entirety of their visit. Patient Service
Specialists manage a wide variety of patient requests including
appointment scheduling, patient registration, wayfinding and other
general questions. Its vital that our Patient Service Specialists
make positive first impressions on patients and visitors, ensure
stellar and efficient patient experiences, reduce financial loss
and ensure compliance.
Shift & Schedule: 10:30AM - 7:00PM Monday-Friday
The ideal candidate is someone who:
- Acts in a professional, caring and helpful manner.
- Is eager to learn and receive feedback.
- Is optimistic, proactive, reliable, responsible and
- Thrives in a team environment.
- Takes initiative and is an advocate for the team.
By taking this opportunity, you will enhance your skills in written
and verbal communication, time management and assignment
prioritization through being involved in projects and by joining
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth,
delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning,
exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers
many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where
opportunities to advance and the support to get there go
- Professionally investigates, triages, and resolves patient
issues using the established HEART Model, ensuring patients visit
is an outstanding experience. Proactively assists patients to
minimize patient issues.
- Creates a welcoming and professional environment for our
patients and visitors by demonstrating exceptional customer service
based upon the expected service behaviors included in Cleveland
Clinics START with Heart model.
- Proactively manages needs of patients and visitors in our
waiting areas, seeking opportunities to interact with patients by
actively greeting patients when appropriate, resolving patient
issues and providing service recovery.
- Performs patient registration, pre-visit, insurance
verification, scheduling, arrival desk and/or departure desk
activities according to standards and guidelines ensuring accuracy
and an outstanding patient experience.
- Performs point of service activities: visit preparation, co-pay
collection, patient tracking and record tracking ensuring accuracy
and an outstanding patient experience.
- Facilitates billing functions, accurately meeting compliance
and organizational quality and productivity standards.
- Enters and maintains confidential and accurate patient
information including patient insurance, billing, and payment
- Encourages patient utilization of front-end technology,
provides guidance, encouragement, education and hands-on
- Supports front-end technology utilization to promote
understanding and comfort level in use by caregivers and
- Recruits, enrolls, and educates patients on MyChart and
Appointment Pass impacting utilization rates and enhancing the
- Processes the workflow for the day.
- Supports and participates in process improvement efforts.
- Performs telephone triage.
- Follows standards and guidelines for telephones etiquette and
service when interacting with patients over the phone.
- Generates staff provider reschedules.
- Relays staff messaging.
- Performs screening and scheduling of interpreter services.
- Effectively collaborates and communicates with clinical staff,
i.e. providers, nurses and other support staff.
- Supports and adheres to compliance policies and
- May participate on committees and have a role in other
- May participate in patient outreach activities such as
proactive patient calls to assist with health maintenance and care
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Ability to perform basic math sufficient to process insurance
- Working knowledge of PC window applications sufficient to input
and retrieve data.
- Ability to partner with others as needed to trouble shoot and
resolve general technology issues
- Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute (assessed at
time of application) or demonstrable personal computer keyboard
skills is preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- A desire and commitment to provide the highest level of
satisfaction in quality service, caring and compassion to patients,
their families and visitors.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential
in order to successfully communicate with a diverse patient
population and workforce.
- High level of customer service experience, exemplary
interpersonal skills and ability to interact with patients and
families in a wide variety of sensitive situations.
- Interest in learning new technology and troubling shooting to
resolve minor technical issues.
- Easily adapts to changing technology, policies, procedures and
- Demonstrated interest in process improvement or adopting new
processes and or technology.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interpret medical
- Critical thinking, decisive judgment, and ability to work
independently with minimal supervision in an often hectic
- Demonstrated independent thinking and problem-solving skills,
ability to exercise judgment to triage issues and concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to switch from one task to another
successfully in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
- Minimum two years of patient registration, appointment
scheduling, insurance processing or customer service/concierge
- Demonstrated experience in providing exceptional customer
services and conflict resolution.
- Associates Degree may substitute for one year of
- Bachelors Degree may substitute for the experience
- Dexterity sufficient to operate a PC and other office
- Requires extended periods of standing, walking or sitting.
- Good visual acuity through normal or corrected vision.
- Must be able to navigate various locations and function in a
fast-paced, hectic environment.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 25 pounds.
- Reliable transportation required
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Keywords: The Cleveland Clinic, Las Vegas , Patient Service Specialist - Evenings, Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!