Systems Administrator - Long Term Project (50% Onsite/Remote)
Company: INSPYR Solutions
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Systems Administrator - Long Term Project - Las Vegas, NV (50%
INSPYR Solutions is Hiring a Systems Administrator 4,for
ourpremiere government client in Las Vegas, NV. This is a Long Term
project and can be 50% remote (must be on site 50% each week in Las
Vegas) and mustreside in the State of Nevada.
If you are a match, please apply or contact Cindy Tran at
CPTran@INSPYRsolutions.com or call 714.462.5094.
Note:A bit of travel to Carson City,NV may be needed.
Assist our Government client staff with the deployment, operations,
maintenance, and development of Intelligent Transportation Systems
(ITS) systems and procedures.
SCOPE OF WORK - Consultant must:
- Work with the Information Security Analyst and Information
Security Officer to ensure CLIENT systems follow established
Department, State ISO, and industry-standard practices;
- Participate in the technical research and development, as
needed, for continued innovation of systems processes and
- Assist in the planning, design, documentation, and deployment
of three-tiered systems security architecture for all ITS systems,
- Troubleshoot and repair any hardware or software failures to
the ITS systems that arise;
- Develop and maintain ITS Systems installation and configuration
- Complete monthly and ad-hoc security patching of ITS Systems to
ensure vulnerabilities are mitigated in a timely manner;
- Work closely with the District personnel to test, deploy, and
maintain new ITS systems;
- Work closely with the District personnel to maintain current
- Work within an Agile project management environment;
- Audit all ITS Systems including the Active Directory
controllers for adherence to established Department and industry
standards for the efficient and secure administration of these
- Audit all ITS Systems and compile a list of hardware and/or
software that needs to be upgraded and/or replaced;
- Audit all ITS Systems and compile a list of recurring software
requirements of the systems that support ITS around the state and
ensure the details are recorded and kept up-to-date in the Asset
Management Program (AMP);
- Monitor all ITS Systems for availability, usability, and
security and provide recommendations to the ITS Manager for any
upgrades or enhancements;
- Completed assigned work according to the specifications and
standards set by the State;
- The consultant must work on-site in Carson City,
- The CLIENT allows for up to 50% telecommuting, but the
consultant must be within the state of Nevada.
- The CLIENT embraces a flexible work schedule, whereby some
employees work five 8-hour days a week, four 10-hour days, or some
other schedule that is agreed upon with the ITS Manager.
- Travel around the State may be required to perform or assist
with the installation, removal, upgrade or remediation of ITS
network assets , including working in the roadside ITS cabinets,
fiber huts, mountaintop communication sites, and various other
State or local agency locations.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Experience and skills are in order of importance. Consultant
- Have experience and proficiency in the design, configuration,
maintenance, troubleshooting, and deployment of server operating
systems , Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration,
server and PC hardware, virtual systems and environments, system
backup, applications, database, and other
server/application/database systems that the CLIENT may procure in
the future from a variety of vendors.
- Have a minimum of six (6) years of experience as a Systems
Administrator in an enterprise environment, supporting multiple
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of experience and be
proficient in managing and maintaining the following:
- Microsoft Windows server and workstation operating
- Microsoft Windows server and workstation equipment
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating systems
- Microsoft Active Directory services
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Services
- SQL Server or other database systems
- Systems management with the use of scripting or other automated
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure systems, environments, and
- Have a Bachelor's degree or combination of complementary
education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities or
equivalent experience in an Information Technology (IT) related
field which applies to this position;
- Have excellent oral, written, documentation, and presentation
- Have a proactive nature with the ability to solve problems;
- Have excellent customer service, interpersonal, and
The ideal candidate should have one or more of the following
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS).
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE).
- Microsoft AZ-900 Azure Fundamentals
- Microsoft AZ-500 Azure Security Technologies
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA).
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP).
- CompTIA Server+ and A+.
- Other vendor or vendor-neutral IT system certifications may be
considered on a case-by-case basis.
The consultant must be able to work in an Agile Project Management
environment. Agile experience is not required but is desirable.
Routine reporting will include but is not limited to the methods
defined below as part of the Agile process and documented using
Team Foundation Server Software or other methods mutually agreed
Keywords: INSPYR Solutions, Las Vegas , Systems Administrator - Long Term Project (50% Onsite/Remote), Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...