Assistant Food Server Specialist - Steakhouse
Company: Boyd Gaming Corporation
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: March 19, 2023
* One (1) year of food and Beverage experience preferably in a fine dining restaurant
* Working knowledge of food specialty or cuisine and service standards in specific restaurants.
* Must be able to stand and walk for majority of shift.
* Must be able to lift and carry trays weighing approximately 40 pounds.
* Must have excellent customer service and communication skills.
* Must be able to utilize computer system for placing food and beverage orders and processing payments
* Must be able to obtain/maintain any necessary licenses and/or certifications.
Receive and serve food and beverage orders from guests. May also be responsible for collecting payment and making change for guest checks.
* Complete knowledge of all food and beverage menu items and daily specials.
* Understands and meets sequence of service requirements for the Back Waiter/Food Specialist position as well as all requirements for the rest of the serving Team.
* Responsible for delivery of all ordered food items throughout the meal.
* Communicates with Front Waiter to determine special needs/requirements of guest prior to seating.
* Sets up delivery of each course by ensuring that all ware, condiments, and other needs are at the table prior to delivery.
* Demonstrate outstanding serving skills and is able to memorize scripted descriptions of all menu items as they are presented including all ingredients in every food item and cooking methods.
* Ensure all guest needs are met prior to departing.
* Coordinates timing/timeliness of all food with Kitchen Team and Front Waiter.
* Understands ordering system and is able to deliver every food item to the appropriate guest without asking which food item is theirs.
* Communicates accurately with Front Waiter to ensure all food items are delivered as the guest requested.
* Serves all courses including dessert.
* Thanks guests as they depart per scripted requirements.
* Assist the team in clearing and resetting of tables.
* Communicates guests dining preferences to the host team to record for guest history.
* Any other duties as assigned by management.
Keywords: Boyd Gaming Corporation, Las Vegas , Assistant Food Server Specialist - Steakhouse, Other , Las Vegas, Nevada
here to apply!