University Admissions Counselor- Traditional Ground Campus
Company: Grand Canyon Education
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Job DescriptionGrand Canyon Education, formerly part of Grand Canyon University, became its own entity in July 2018 after the HLC approved GCUs application to become a nonprofit institution. GCE will work in close partnership with GCU. Moreover, many positions with GCE are located on GCUs main campus.An extraordinary career opportunity with an acclaimed leader in the rapidly growing education sector, Grand Canyon University is currently seeking a talented, energetic Las Vegas, NV University Admissions Counselor for our Traditional Ground Campus.The University Admissions Counselor works as part of a team to recruit qualified high school students in the region to attend the traditional campus in Phoenix. You must be able to network and build relationships with teachers and staff in local school districts and engage youth groups in your region to provide outreach services to students. You will be responsible for maintaining a busy schedule that includes fairs, school visits, presentations, community/campus events, and hosting campus visits.If youre a sales professional who is passionate about impacting futures in academia and advocating the value of education, we want to hear from you! This position is a remote-based, work-from-home position in Las Vegas, NV. Significant regional travel throughout assigned territory and use of a personal vehicle are required. You must have a valid drivers license and will receive mileage reimbursement.Compensation: Base salary of$47,500Responsibilities:
- Explores new opportunities, develops innovative strategies and builds sustainable and direct relationships with community school districts and/or others who have a key influencing role to generate awareness of GCUs programs.
- Adjusts recruitment strategies, presentations, and information packets to address prospective students career/personal interests and parents needs.
- Develops and executes the strategy and logistics necessary to cover the assigned geographic area which include organizing and attending events such as on-site information seminars and presentations, or representing the University at conferences and/or conventions targeting specific audiences.
- Acts as event host/chaperone for qualified students at various campus visit trips, ensuring student safety and maintaining professionalism at all times with all parties.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert for assigned territories and GCUs higher educational programs for students and contacts to rely upon throughout the life-cycle enrollment process including application, admissions, tuition/financial aid, registration and nurturing through student start date.
- Actively engages in learning/education/information sessions by completing and achieving passing results on retention tests.
- Demonstrates in daily work activities the incorporation of new information/learnings and processes into the recruiting conversations with potential students.
- Identifies and prepares recruitment strategies to enroll students who persist to degree completion.
- Creates and maintains accurate contact history and necessary updates in GCU provided technology to manage potential students within assigned territory during each enrollment cycle.
- Develops and executes nurturing strategies for every student successfully enrolled.
- In collaboration with other University colleagues or management, develops marketing plans to promote the Colleges programs to constituents.
- Facilitates the distribution of informational materials through all appropriate channels within a territory.
- Collaborates effectively with all GCU personnel in the enrollment process to enable seamless admissions processes.
- Consistently creates a positive enrollment experience for students.
- Consistently demonstrates enthusiasm and advocacy for GCU in all interactions.
- Provides excellent customer service (internally and externally) in all interactions by maintaining a pleasant and upbeat presence/tone in all interactions, returning phone calls and emails received during business hours the same day (Service Guarantee).
- Maintains professional appearance and interacts cooperatively with others.
- May provide mentoring to less-experience employees or student workers.
- Remains current with GCUs programs, new industry-wide trends and developments.Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree required.
- Experience and skill in building territories preferred.
- Strong business and marketing acumen with a knowledge of business development strategy with a track record of new business/sales accomplishments.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employee types including senior leaders in school districts.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with strong constituency building skill.
- Action and results oriented, self-starter, self-directed and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial quality. Must be able and willing to work without daily oversight.
- Good negotiation and persuasiveness skills.
- Maintains a high familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of relationship building and quality customer service.
- Must be successful in closing potential clients, customers, sales or similar.
- Must be a strong player with excellent planning and organizational skills in order to meet or exceed admissions projections and expectations.
- Confident, high energy and capable of launching new territories successfully, if necessary.
- Willingness to travel by car and/or plane during weekdays. 60% road travel.
- For those who reside outside of Phoenix, position may require overnight stays in Phoenix 2-3 times per month.
- Must live in or within a reasonable distance from assigned territory.
- Must be available to work varied hours, including evenings and weekends consistently.
- Must have own vehicle, valid driver's license, clean driving record.
- Cannot be delinquent or in default on a federal student loan as verified in your credit report. If in a rehabilitation program, your credit report must reflect that you are current, not delinquent, on your payments.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the Universitys Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and Mission of Grand Canyon University.At Grand Canyon Education, it is our privilege to serve students and those who support academic advancement. We lead educational transformation by developing superior ways to help schools grow and prosper. We provide transparent programs, intuitive online learning technologies and well-established academic models that promote student success and institutional growth.Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory outcome (as determined by the university) of pre-employment screening activities, including a background check.Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application will be considered - anyone without a resume will be declined automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our External Candidate Job ApplicationGuide.All staff candidates will be askedto review GCEsstaffexpectations as part of the application process.Our partner in education, Grand Canyon University, is Arizonas premier private Christian university. GCU serves traditional and online students by offering quality academic degree programs, experienced leadership and transformative learning experiences both on our growing campus and digitally.If youre interested in working for Grand Canyon University, visit jobs.gcu.edu.For more information about Grand Canyon Education, Inc., visit gce.comPosted 10 Days AgoFull timeR000020107Company DescriptionGCE is a shared services partner dedicated to serving colleges and universities. GCE’s leadership team has been leading educational transformation since 1983, and supports partner institutions’ students through operational functions that achieve organizational growth and student success. GCE can design programs that serve your diverse student body on campus or online at the undergraduate, master, and doctoral program levels.These functions support the complete student life cycle including strategic enrollment management, academic counseling, financial services, learning management system support, technical support, student information system support, compliance, marketing, human resources, classroom operations, curriculum development, faculty recruitment and training, among others.Search our option positions! https://jobs.gce.com/
Keywords: Grand Canyon Education, Las Vegas , University Admissions Counselor- Traditional Ground Campus, Other , Henderson, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!