Company: Ken's Foods
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Las Vegas, Nevada, US
January 30th, 2020
Ken's Foods, Inc Job Description Job Title: Plant Engineer
Department: Manufacturing Reports To: Plant Manager FLSA Status:
Exempt SUMMARY The Plant Engineer will focus on reduction of
repetitive failures and plant reliability projects working closely
with the EHS Manager, Maintenance Manager, Continuous Improvement
Manager, and the production teams to increase efficiencies and
reduce downtime. Responsible for supporting Corporate Engineering
on the installation of capital projects. Must focus on Plant Safety
and meeting Quality objectives. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Commitment to safety begins with management. Managers and
frontline supervisors are accountable for creating and maintaining
a culture of Safety and assuring a safe work environment.
- Must demonstrate the Las Vegas Plant's 5 Principles (Safety,
Respect, Quality, Mutuality and Freedom) in all activities within
the Plant and support the Plant's Culture.
- Work closely with the Plant EHS manager for compliance to SQF
certification and administering company GMP, Permits, and Safety
policies within department and with all contractors/service
- Maintain effective communications with EHS Manager,
Maintenance, Quality Control, Production, Corporate Engineering,
Sanitation, and Warehousing departments.
- Coach/Train employees in proper troubleshooting, maintenance
and repair of plant systems.
- Review the ongoing efficiencies of manufacturing, manufacturing
support, and facility support systems; make recommendations and
implement improvements as necessary.
- Utilize advanced knowledge of automated packaging machinery
operation, troubleshooting and repair. Machinery to be supported
will include but not be limited to: liquid filling; vertical
form/fill/seal; capping; labeling; case packing; sealing;
palletizing; bottle, case, pallet conveying; inkjet and laser
coding; PLC logic and control; variable frequency drives; servos;
- Utilize thorough knowledge of facility, property, and
manufacturing support systems, including: power and lighting;
steam; hot water; compressed air; irrigation; HVAC and
- Expert in working from and interpreting mechanical, electrical
(power and controls), pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics.
- Work with Corporate Engineering to support capital projects to
include design, cost estimation, equipment selection, installation,
and start-up in a cost-effective manner.
- Develop and implement yearly capitol plans for the Las Vegas
Plant to be submitted to Corporate Engineering.
- Seek opportunities to reduce plant opening expenses and improve
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES May directly supervise exempt team
leaders and non-exempt department resources. Carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's
policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include
interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning,
and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving
problems. QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Keywords: Ken's Foods, Las Vegas , PLANT ENGINEER, Professions , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!