Sr. Director, Strategic Sourcing-Freight and Logistics
Company: Scientific Games
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Sr. Director, Strategic Sourcing-Freight and Logistics
Corporate: When you become a member of our Corporate team, you will
work across the organization to provide the knowledge, resources
and tools that help Scientific Games deliver outstanding service
and support to our internal clients. Our Corporate Group includes
Finance, Investor Relations, Legal, Compliance, Internal Audit,
Facilities, Human Resources and Corporate Communications. We're
always looking for team players who are customer centric, who seek
to challenge themselves and have the drive to move our business
forward. If this sounds like you---Let's make games! Position
Summary The Strategic sourcing organization within SG aspires to
have best in class processes and capabilities to support a
multi-faceted global gaming enterprise. The goal is to formalize a
Global Centralized Procurement Operation that will create sustained
value across Corporate and the individual Business Units. As good
corporate citizens we adhere to high compliance standards. We
expect our team and partners to operate with integrity to uphold
these standards. Opportunities exist to drive improvements in
management of our global spend, gain operational efficiencies, and
implement process and tools to achieve sustainable results. The
indirect spend managed within this Global Centralized Procurement
Operation includes: Information Technology, Software, Hardware,
Telecom, Freight, Logistics, Professional Services, Advisory
Services, Staff Augmentation, Marketing, T&E and Fleet
management. THE POSITION The Sr. Director of Freight and Logistics
Strategic Sourcing will be responsible for identifying and leading
projects designed to significantly improve Scientific Games' cost
structure and build sustained accretive value. The projects are
transformational in nature, thus requiring strategic thinking,
effective problem structuring, and an ability to influence diverse
teams. The Sr. Director of Strategic Sourcing will work through a
team direct reports and leverage matrixed representatives from
other business functions to build strategy and deliver sustainable
value to the organization. The successful candidate will
collaborate with and lead cross-functional initiatives to deliver
strategy, sustained savings, improve quality and delivery cycle
time relative to the freight, logistics, duty, and tariff
management categories. Success will be measured based on:
- Sourcing: spend addressed, savings achieved and working capital
impact (supplier payment terms).
- Special projects: projects identified, and impact delivered.
Prioritization of the most meaningful opportunities and the ability
to work cross-functionally is critical to success.
- Quality of strategy development: success in development and
deployment of strategy
- Leadership and Development of people: building a
high-performance team Specific Responsibilities Freight and
Logistics Strategic Sourcing
- Specific experience in managing freight and logistics
strategies and category partners.
- Establish global spend visibility to clearly define related
freight and logistics category spend baselines, current suppliers,
and track go-forward impact.
- Expertise with LTL, FTL, Cross Docking, 3PL, Small Parcel
- Working knowledge and understanding of freight management
tools, 3rd party, bid boards, scheduling, tracking, etc.
- Operated in a global capacity, engagement in Fulfillment and
Logistics in multiple geographies.
- Direct collaboration with the business operations to ensure
opportunities for efficiency and improve delivery performance are
- Ensure quality from service providers, necessary metrics in
place to ensure safe carriage of assets and customer
- Work with Distribution, Logistics and G&A functions in
Indirect/Logistics Sourcing strategy development and
- Previous demonstrated collaboration with third parties to
simplify billing, invoicing, electronic invoicing, matching, and
payments, to enable efficiency in AP and GL tracking.
- Interface with finance to link Sourcing driven category savings
- Sourcing strategies will include volume aggregation,
competitive bidding, low cost country sourcing, eAuctions,
should-cost models, "preferred supplier" programs, and
identification of new suppliers.
- Develop/refine sourcing strategy and enhance capabilities to
support achievement of overall net cost savings objectives.
- Collaborate with the Strategic Sourcing team to deploy more
sophisticated supplier management including supplier/distributor
scorecards, quarterly supplier business reviews, annual supplier
conferences, "preferred supplier" designation, qualification of new
- Achieve early wins to build organizational confidence and
- Ability to grow team going forward based on demonstrated
- Existing relationships with large freight and logistics
- Demonstrated experience in customs, brokerage, country of
origin, specific transformation, tax, and tariff mitigation.
Essential Job Functions
- Build common purpose with key business functional leaders to
create a collaborative approach to supplier relationship
management. Ensure we are addressing business functional
requirements, operational efficiency, and cost performance.
- Engage with the business functions to identify sourcing
opportunities, drive RFP process and competitive bidding. Ensure
that essential supplier agreements are in place.
- Champion a clear channel of communication and coordination
between functional counterparts in the business units.
- Ensure that effective business unit systems, procedures and
financial controls are established and maintained for the business
unit's operations to ensure freight, duty, and logistics
efficiencies are achieved.
- Engagement in enterprise level deployments, and/or new site
operations, internal or at customer. Qualifications
- Demonstrated results in driving cost out initiatives in the
Indirect space, specifically Freight and Logistics Category.
- Several years' experience at Senior Manager or Sr. Director
level in Procurement leadership at an industrial, engineered
products manufacturing company, high-mix-low-volume, and
- Experienced with category management and multi-step strategic
sourcing processes in a range of categories is a benefit.
- Significant experience with freight management tools: Tracking,
data integration, bigging, bid boards, cost optimization, load
- Skilled negotiator.
- Command of a repeatable strategic sourcing process, ensuring
rigor, ethical conduct, and ongoing supplier management.
- Experience with leveraged agreements, multi-year contracts,
eAuctions and should-cost models.
- Highly results-oriented and focused on business priorities with
a successful record of accomplishments.
- Excellent problem solving skills - able to identify problems
and/or opportunities for improvement and assesses viable solutions.
Develop and execute comprehensive action plans.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments
concurrently, including ability to assess and manage
- Effective communications skills, particularly the ability to
communicate technical expertise.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills. Must be able to
build rapport with Operations and cross-functional colleagues and
be able to foster collaborative relationships.
- Experience in supplier diversity programs. Knowledge, Skills
- Strong knowledge of the freight management, freight rate
negotiations, freight management tools, 3PL, customs, tariffs,
brokerage, freight forwarding, international ocean and air
- Capability to optimize a freight network to produce
efficiencies in cost and reduced transit time.
- Capable of operating with ambiguity, ability to influence
internal stakeholders, and vendor relationships.
- Strength in building relationships with internal stakeholders
and with vendors.
- Strong knowledge of the business and long-term strategic
- Knowledge of external factors influencing division's
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical skills and experience with
Business intelligence tools.
- Superior written, verbal and telephone skills.
- Strong customer service skills are required.
- Ability to multi-task is required.
- Cross functional leadership, Ability to manage people.
- Strong analytical skills. Business intelligence tools.
- Experience in other categories: IT, T&E, Corporate
Professional services is a plus.
- Proven team leadership experience. Education
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent management experience. MBA is a
- APICS/NAPM, CPIM or CPM certification or equivalent
Physical Requirements The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit,
stand, walk, bend, use hands, operate a computer, and have specific
vision abilities to include close and distance vision, and ability
to adjust focus working with computer and business equipment.The
employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. If your position
requires you to work in the field, production, and/or warehouse, it
is mandatory that you use the approved Personal Protective
Equipment. --Posted 2 Days Ago --R302548 About Us At Scientific
Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and
systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and
creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming
world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company
that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values
integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing
and supporting its people. Scientific Games Corporation
6601 Bermuda Road
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Keywords: Scientific Games, Las Vegas , Sr. Director, Strategic Sourcing-Freight and Logistics, Professions , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!