Company: The Neiders Company
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: November 19, 2021
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION None Specified
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION The Neiders Company
Providing Affordable Housing since 1987
LIHTC & HUD Certified
The Neiders company is a fully integrated real estate investment
firm located in Seattle, Washington. Our company's culture remains
our strong foundation and is key to our success. We currently own
and operate affordable housing communities in Washington, Nevada,
and New Mexico, with other markets under consideration. We take
pride in celebrating our employees by creating a family-like
atmosphere, providing continuous mentorship, and establishing an
The Neiders Company is an equal opportunity employer that provides
over 190 employees with competitive wages, training and resources,
benefits packages, and career growth opportunities. Financial
strength, smart acquisitions, and demonstrated expertise in
repositioning assets in affordable and growing markets has allowed
our company to enjoy steady growth for over 30 years. We are
honored recipients of four INC 5000 awards, and we proudly support
civic, community, and charitable causes in every market we
The Neiders Company aspires to conduct business with the utmost
integrity, consistency, and quality in all our endeavors.
Affordable housing is central to our operation, and we believe
residents deserve to be treated with respect and compassion and
wherever possible, resources to qualify for leases.
Integrity- Performing in an honest, respectful, and correct manner
in both thoughts and actions.
Consistency- Providing harmony of experience with
Quality- Delivering care and service that exceeds the expectations
of those we serve.
Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor/Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance
Supervisor who wants to join a dedicated and growing team. This
multi-site-position will oversee several properties across the
Seattle area, and will report to the Property or Regional Manager.
An ideal candidate has exceptional problem-solving skills and the
ability to respond to needs quickly. The position may have direct
reports, or just an individual.
The individual will be responsible for maintaining the physical
integrity of the community at all times. This involves ensuring a
safe and secure living environment for residents, visitors and
staff. Identify and correct any and all problems involving the
property and to implement procedures that will prevent such
problems. An effective program of maintenance is essential in order
- Maintain a safe environment.
- Cultivate resident satisfaction.
- Protect the investment of the apartment property owner.Conducts
all business in accordance with company policies and procedures,
state and federal laws; e.g., OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.
Essential Functions: Include but are not limited to-
- Oversees maintenance crew and delegates maintenance
- Can lead and guide crew to effectively perform necessary
- Work on maintenance of the building's exteriors, interiors, and
- Diagnoses and performs maintenance or repairs involving
electrical, plumbing, HVAC systems, irrigation, stairs and other
structures, fireplaces and more.
- Maintains adequate inventory of parts and materials required
for common property repairs.
- Ensure deadlines and productivity are being executed.
- Institutes and manages systems for handling resident service
requests and makes corrections timely
- Communicates effectively with residents and supervisors.
- Other General labor and maintenance services.
- Attend monthly maintenance trainings, supervise staff, assign
- Must be willing to rotate with staff Emergency Maintenance
Phone after hours.
- Order items when necessary, ensure invoices are property
- Performs maintenance tasks personally or delegates to prior
staff. Oversees and occasionally inspects work performed by
- Institutes and manages system for handling resident service
requests. Corrects situations within 24 hours when possible.
- Schedules maintenance personnel in conjunction with manager so
that maintenance is available for emergency purposes, 24 hours a
day, seven days a week.Preventive Maintenance/Safety
- Conducts regularly scheduled safety meetings with entire staff;
maintains and communicates HAZCOM standards. Keeps MSDS sheets
current and readily accessible. Maintains thorough knowledge of
pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing property
storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents,
flammables, caustics and refrigerants.
- Must be aware of the condition of physical property throughout
the community and immediately correct unsafe conditions; e.g.,
broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, open holes,
broken/burned out exterior lights.
- Maintains accurate records regarding preventive maintenance,
service requests (received and completed), expenditures, apartment
make-ready status, work-in-progress, etc.
- Schedules and performs minor and routine maintenance on all
appropriate equipment on a regular basis. Inspects and maintains
all tools in excellent condition.
- Indoctrinates and assists in development of all subordinate
maintenance staff. Instills a "safety first" attitude not only with
maintenance technicians but with all staff.
- Instructs staff on proper use and guidelines for wearing safety
- Diagnoses and performs minor or routine maintenance or repair
involving the following on a daily basis.
- Electrical and plumbing (including water lines).
- A/C and heating systems. Appliances (when applicable).
- Water irrigation systems.
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings.
- Tile, carpet, flooring.
- Roofing, gutters, fasteners.
- Interior/exterior lights.
- Fireplaces, ceiling fans.
- Gas fixtures and appliances (where applicable).
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors.
- Boiler, gas and electric.
- Door locks, P.O. boxes and locks.
- Security systems (where applicable).
- Ceiling leaks.
- Pool areas, tile, hot tub/spa, pool furniture.
- Ensures that all make-ready repairs and services are completed
correctly and on schedule. Units must be turned and completed in 6
days or less per company policy.
- Reports all major repairs and requisitions to manager prior to
any expenditure of funds.
- Changes locks and makes keys.
- Removes and transfers heavy appliances and equipment from
storage area to apartment (or vice versa) as circumstances warrant.
Assists in moving abandoned furniture, appliances, etc., to
dumpster when necessary.
- Maintains adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance
materials to handle most common repairs and situations.
- Identifies all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture
cut-offs, sewer cleanouts and prepares maps indicating same.
- Performs work area clean-up and safety related duties.
- Ensures that storage areas remain locked when not in use.
- Assists in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. Rakes,
sweeps, shovels as circumstances warrant.
- Performs any additional duties assigned by property manager or
- pm21 POSITION REQUIREMENTS Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Extensive plumbing knowledge required.
- Reliable transportation a must.
- Must have own tools.
- Experience in apartment maintenance/turnovers a plus.
- Electrical, appliance repair and painting skills highly
- Position requires at least 3 years of experience in property
maintenance or equivalent field. Equipment Requirement:
- Required to wear back support belt, wear goggles when working
with specific equipment, wear masks and gloves and other safety
equipment as tasks dictate. Equipment/Machinery/Tools:
- It is expected that the Maintenance Supervisor provides his/her
own tools for use at the site. An employee in this position must be
knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of the
- Hand Tools Various wrenches, hammer, grips, saws, sledgehammer,
snips, posthole diggers, etc.
- Power Tools Wrenches, grinders, sanders, drills, saws,
- User-Moved Aids Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand trucks, buckets,
hoists, jacks, step ladders, full ladders, double ladders.
- Mechanical Equip Motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, electric
and hand power augers, etc.
- Measuring Devices Calipers, voltmeters, ohmmeters, testing
meters, PH tests, gauges, etc. Specific Job Requirements:
- Work Hours: Standard Business Hours, Weekends when required.
- Physical aspects of the job may require heavy lifting, bending,
pushing, pulling, kneeling, stooping, climbing, balancing, carrying
and other physically demanding tasks. Compensation:
The Neiders Company offers a competitive salary, bonus opportunity
and benefits package.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Housing Discount at TNC Properties
- Paid Vacation
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Supplementary Benefits provided by Colonial Life..... click
apply for full job details
Keywords: The Neiders Company, Las Vegas , Maintenance Supervisor/Manager, Professions , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!