Company: JW Marriott Las Vegas/Rampart Casino
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Role: This salaried position oversees and manages engineers and
engineering daily operations for the property which encompasses the
hotel, casino and main building. The facilities manager will be
responsible for inspecting, maintaining, and repairing mechanical,
electrical, plumbing, and HVAC systems to ensure optimal operating
results. Maximizing the life cycle of all company assets. Strives
to ensure guest and associate satisfaction and maximize the
financial performance of the department. Helps ensure long term
asset protection and effectively manages capital expenditures to
ensure when possible, a return on investment to the owner. The list
of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks
performed by this position and is not all-inclusive. Adheres to all
Company, Safety and Department policies and procedures. Fosters
team work and provides excellent guest service, anticipates guest
needs to exceed guest expectations. Builds brand loyalty by living
the JW Marriott Core Values.SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 5-years management experience in Hotel-Casino.
- Experience leading and managing employees
- Experience managing sub-contractors and vendors
- Working knowledge of Central Plant and HVAC systems
- Knowledge of BMS systems (YAMAS) a plus
- Knowledge of building trades; electrical, mechanical, HVAC,
plumbing and general building practices
- Knowledge of facility regulations and safety standards (OSHA,
EPA, ADA, CFC, NFPA)
- Maintains a safe work environment for all employees
- Knowledge of life safety systems
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect other
- Ability to effectively manage labor productivity
- Good communication skills (verbal, writing, and listening) with
all levels of associates and management, vendors, contractors,
guests, and others
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to use standard software applications (Word, Excel,
- Knowledge of the hotel software HotSOS a plus.
- Effective conflict management and resolution skills
- Strong customer and associate relations skills
- Material ordering, inventory control, supplies and
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- Certificate(s) with BOMA a plus.
- Must have valid Nevada driver's license.MAJOR JOB DUTIES:
Duties include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Manages the day to day operations of Engineering.
- Assists with managing small projects
- Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment,
refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life
- Keeps equipment maintained and operating at optimum
effectiveness, efficiency and safety.
- Establishes and manages an effective room maintenance
- Supervises distribution of repair work orders and monitors
timeliness and quality of completion.
- Assists in maintaining grounds; meeting rooms; ballrooms;
public space; restaurants and casino
- Performs inspections effectively.
- Helps ensure regulatory compliance to facility regulations and
- Has a working knowledge of all departments in the hotel and can
act as technical liaison.
- Ensures compliance with all Company and Engineering department
policies, standards and procedures.
- Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating
preventative maintenance programs.
- Helps train associates in safety procedures and supervises
their ability to execute departmental and hotel emergency
procedures, fire protection, safety and evacuation procedures.
- Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and
- Assists with interviewing candidates for hourly positions,
using the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the
- Uses all available on-the-job training tools for associates;
implements and manages training initiatives and conducts training
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job
descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships
with associates and ensures associates do the same within the
- Actively solicits associate feedback, utilizes an "open door"
style and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and
address associate problems or concerns. Ensures associates are
treated fairly and equitably. Constantly strives to improve
associate retention. Brings issues to the attention of the Director
of Engineering and Human Resources as necessary.
- Ensures ongoing communication is happening in all areas of
responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and
communicates expectations, recognizes performance and produces
desired business results.
- Participates in the budgeting process for areas of
- Helps to manage the facilities' heat, light and power usage to
minimize consumption and expenses and increase profitability.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.The
above statements represent a general outline of principal job
functions and should not be construed as a complete description of
all aspects and requirements required for this job.PHYSICAL,
ENVIRONMENTAL & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Work is performed
in an environment throughout the property including outdoors. Must
be tolerant to varying conditions of noise level, temperature,
illumination and air quality. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate. When on the casino floor, the
noise level increases to loud. A casino environment typically
- Interacts with management, applicants, vendors, contractors,
fellow Associates and/or guests and maintains professional
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests,
coworkers, management, vendors and others
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing and mobility.
- Requires bending and reaching.
- Requires transporting, pushing, pulling, and maneuvering items
weighing up to 80 lbs.
- Requires lifting items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking
- Requires eye/hand coordination.
- Requires use of standard office equipment.
- Requires both mathematical & analytical skills.
- Requires the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and
- Ability to and comply with Policies and Procedures, Job
Description, daily memorandums, chemical labels (SDS) and other
instructions.Job Type: Full-timePay: $30,940.00 - $70,000.00 per
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availabilityCOVID-19 considerations:All associates and
customers are currently required to wear masks while
- Maintenance: 5 years (Preferred)License/Certification:
- Driver's License (Preferred)Shift availability:
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)Work Location: One location
Keywords: JW Marriott Las Vegas/Rampart Casino, Las Vegas , Facilities Manager, Professions , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!