Company: Allegiant Air
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Summary The Maintenance Controller is responsible for the Manager
of Maintenance Control for managing mechanical irregularities.
Maintenance Control (MC) will work with Maintenance, Mx Planning
and Operations Control Center (OCC) to coordinate the scheduled
workload for all maintenance bases.
Visa Sponsorship Available: No
Minimum Requirements Combination of Education and Experience will
be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by
the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background
Education: High School Diploma/GED Education Details: Associates
Degree in Aviation Maintenance Management or work experience
Certification: Yes Certification Details: Airframe & Power Plant
Years of Experience: Minimum five (5) years of aircraft
maintenance/technical operations industry experience, previous line
leadership experience required. Minimum two (2) years of
maintenance control experience in at least one of the following,
Airbus 319/320 general family systems, avionics, and power plant
Valid/Unexpired Passport Book: Yes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- If assigned make at least one maintenance station visit per
year, which may require riding in the flight deck jump seat to
interact with the flight crew.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, high stressed control
center environment and have the ability to effectively make quick
but solid decisions. Preferred Requirements
- Ability to stay focused and work under pressure.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Experience with MS Excel, Word, and Adobe.
- Organizational fit for the Allegiant culture, that is, exhibit
and embrace the Allegiant values of Safety, Achievement,
Flexibility, Innovation, Biased for Action, Teamwork, Transparency
& Accountability and Outcome Based.
- ETOPS Operations.
- Responsible to ensure that mechanical delays that may occur are
handled in a safe and expeditious manner in accordance with
Allegiant Air's General Maintenance Manual (GMM).
- Maintenance Controller will coordinate with Operations Control
Center, and Maintenance as required, to expedite aircraft return to
- Control and tracking of all Deferred Maintenance Items, follows
up with stations as applicable.
- Responsible for authorizing maintenance discrepancies to be
placed on deferral and for clearly communicating DMI status (open
or closed) to Dispatch in a timely manner.
- Assure all deferrals are accomplished in accordance with
company manuals and Federal Aviation regulations.
- Responsible for completing and distributing all applicable
forms and documents in accordance with procedures set forth in
company General Maintenance Manual.
- Prioritizes work that requires immediate action and be able to
separate and parse out work which can wait until operational demand
- Provide tracking of parts and equipment while they are in
transit to an A.O.G. aircraft.
- Requests parts necessary to return an aircraft to service while
at a non-Allegiant staffed base.
- Coordinates scheduled and unscheduled maintenance performed on
Allegiant aircraft except at Substantial Maintenance
- Assists the Administrative staff in monitoring mechanic duty
time when working away from an Allegiant base.
- Communicates maintenance requirements to out station
maintenance providers and manages the maintenance being performed
until the aircraft is back in service.
- Interacts with live flights via ARINC to assure compliance with
the QRH and assures informed decisions are being coordinated with
the flight crew and OCC Manager.
- Updates the AOS (Aircraft Out of service) board for all
aircraft away from an Allegiant staffed base.
- Monitors and controls the Restricted Aircraft section of the
- Interacts with Engineering and Contract Engineering companies
as required to develop Return to Service work scopes.
- Interacts with Technical Services to assist in troubleshooting
of chronic system issues.
- Administrates the EGT Excursion Policy Program.
- Continually reviews the MEL for all fleet types and makes
recommendations for process improvement.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Maintenance Control,
and/or Maintenance Control Supervisor.
Physical Requirements The Physical Demands and Work Environment
described here are a representative of those that must be met by a
Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the
role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the
Mechanic - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member
is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop,
kneel, climb, and use hands and fingers to operate various tools
(i.e. drills, ladders, welding, chemicals, etc.). May be required
to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 50 lbs. May be required to work
various shifts/days in a 24-hour situation. Regular attendance is a
requirement of the role. Exposure to extreme noise (i.e. airport
with planes, vehicles, and other machinery), temperature, wind, and
light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as
the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of
time. Ability to wear personal protective gear. Some travel may be
a requirement of the role.
COVID-19 Vaccination National MandateAllegiant Travel Company is a
government contractor and has more than 100 employees. To comply
with the Safer Federal Workforce COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, all team
members must be fully vaccinated with an FDA approved COVID-19
vaccination by December 8, 2021 in order to remain employed by
Allegiant Travel company and all related subsidiaries. Proof of
vaccination will be required. Requests for medical and religious
exemptions will be considered with substantiating
Essential Services Provider Allegiant as a national air carrier is
deemed an essential service provider during declared national and
state emergencies. Team Members will be required to report to their
assigned trip or work location during national and state
emergencies unless prohibited by local, state or federal order.
EEO Statement Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran For
more information, see https://allegiantair.jobs
People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, immigrants, veterans and persons
with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Posted: 12/29/2021 02:22 PM
Keywords: Allegiant Air, Las Vegas , Maintenance Controller, Professions , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!