Supervisor, DC Inventory Control
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Supervisor, DC Inventory Control
Job ID: 208694
Location Name: Las Vegas Distribution Center
Address: 6260 E Ann Road, Las Vegas, NV 89115, United States
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Regular
Job Function: Distribution Center
Is This Position Eligible for Remote? :
Schedule PM: 5PM - 4:30AM (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) *Peak schedule
will include Mondays
Inventory Control Supervisor
The Inventory Control Supervisor is accountable for the day-to-day
operation of a department within the Distribution Center. The
emphasis is on effectively planning work in order to meet
established timelines and effective supervision of associates to
achieve critical operational goals in the areas of productivity,
quality, safety, and housekeeping. This position is responsible for
maintaining a strong sense of collaboration and teamwork and for
developing positive and productive work relationships.
Essential Functions of Job:
* Spends approximately 75% of their time on the operational floor
with associates driving engagement, coaching, teaching, developing
and providing performance feedback.
* Provides direct supervision to a team of skilled employees, which
includes Workflow Coordinators and Associates as well as managing
the relationship with the onsite staffing agency in relation to
temporary agency employees working in the department(s)
* Administers policies/guidelines that directly affect work
activities which include counseling associates consistently on
performance and behavioral concerns.
* Responsible for creating and supporting the company's engagement
strategies by observing and coaching employees on proper job
related activities and providing timely feedback on necessary
* Sets and communicates clear expectations for team members
regarding expected productivity results
* Owns, completes and delivers annual performance evaluations for
* Identify and prioritize those tasks which need to be accomplished
in order to meet daily business goals and to successfully prepare
the incoming shift for a quick and effective transition and
* Ensure a safe environment for the team by driving safety
strategies, recognition and accountability.
* Improves efficiency, quality and service of ongoing work by
identifying process improvements and using best judgment to
determine next steps for influencing change and partnering with
leadership to resolve.
* Responsible for assigning work, meeting completion dates,
interpreting and ensuring consistent application of organizational
* Resolves problems requiring broad based analysis to determine
solution and presenting to Sr. Leaders.
Motivates others and promotes collaboration and accountability to
meet team goals
* Builds trust with direct and indirect business partners by
explaining rationale behind business process and approach taken to
* Discusses and presents information and issues with business
partners located in support and operational departments
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Strong interpersonal and human relation skills
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Strong ability to manage multiple tasks with confidence
* Demonstrates ability to lead and develop both self and others
* Understand computer applications such as MS Office and utilize
applications to do analysis and problem solving
* Ability to analyze problems and create solutions
* Demonstrate and enthusiastic and professional demeanor
* Non-exempt associates within assigned department.
* Moderate but varying temperature and humidity in office and
* Must be able to stand, sit, squat, lift and/or walk for duration
of scheduled shift.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
* College degree in a logistics related field, or three to five
years relevant work experience.
* Previous experience in working with a Warehouse Management System
(WMS) and/or ability to quickly develop a proficiency in such
systems. Knowledge in "JDA" WMS preferred.
* Working knowledge of MS Office applications: Excel, Word,
Sephora's goal is to create and nurture a safe and productive work
environment for all. We are an equal opportunity employer that
values diversity at our company and insists on creating a space
where everyone feels they belong. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status.
Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodation to applicants with physical and mental
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its
debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Mo--t
Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in
1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including
its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated
assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup,
skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more.
Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the
Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one
service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail
technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an
international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and
ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier
digital beauty destination.
Keywords: LVMH, Las Vegas , Supervisor, DC Inventory Control, Professions , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!