Minimum $20k Sign-on Bonus** Sr Electrical Engineer, Digital Power Design
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: June 24, 2022
**This position is eligible for a minimum of $20k Sign-On
Bonus****Sign-on bonus is not permitted for internal
candidates**About Us:At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the
opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a
broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set,
an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a
more diverse team of colleagues and customers.Job Summary:The Low
Voltage Power Products (LVPP) Department supports key Raytheon
Missiles and Defense (RMD) products, by providing mission-critical
designs relating to power conversion, motor controls, flight
termination systems, telemetry, and other analog domains.We are
looking for mid-level engineers who have digital power converter
design experience to help design robust power systems for important
national defense products.Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Design, analyze, simulate, and test power conversion circuitry
potentially utilizing any standard power conversion topologies
(non-isolated and isolated) with the main emphasis on board mounted
power end use applications.
- Architect circuit card-level power schemes and develop related
- Guide Electronic Computer-Aided Design (ECAD) personnel through
PWB layout of power circuitry and technical drawing creation.
- Work to further our department's mastery of digital power
conversion concepts, and help develop related best practices.
- Perform design work within the bounds of a given schedule, and
sometimes define the schedule.
- Present reviews of technical data to program leadership and
technical staff, and guide junior engineers in honing this
skill.Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Typically requires 5+ years of related experience
- Design and analysis experience with digital power converter
design. This includes familiarity with embedded systems
architecture and firmware development for digitally controlled
- Design and analysis experience with linear converters, and one
or more of the following non-isolated converter topologies: buck,
- Simulation and test experience with one or more of the
following non-isolated converter topologies: buck, boost,
- Experience guiding Electronic Computer-Aided Design (ECAD)
personnel through PWB layout of power circuitry and technical
- Design and analysis experience with analog electronics,
including at least two of the following: FET/BJT logic level,
op-amp, high/low/bandpass filters, clock/data termination, and
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance.
U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for
a security clearanceQualifications We Value:
- Conceptual familiarity (professional experience preferred) with
transformer and inductor design considerations in power electronics
- Robust conceptual familiarity (professional experience
preferred) with any two of the following isolated converter
topologies: flyback, half-bridge, full-bridge, forward, push-pull.
Conceptual familiarity and experience must include stability.
- Experience with performing circuit card assembly-level power
architecture trades, and/or with system-level power architecture
trades, including power converter specification development
- Professional experience with circuit simulator SIMPLIS, system
simulator SABER, and/or analysis tool Mathcad.
- Professional experience with Mentor Graphics DxDesigner, and/or
- Experience with acting as a liaison between program and
- Experience with military specifications.
- Familiarity with embedded systems architecture and firmware
development for digitally controlled power supplies.
- Design experience with voltages > 400V and/or power >
- Professional leadership experience.
- Experience with program management tools such as Earned
- Experience with proposal developmentWhat We Offer:Whether
you're just starting out on your career journey or are an
experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package
that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness,
retirement and work/life benefits; career development and
recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer
include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work
schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care.Additional Details:
This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a
friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the
innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as
one of America's 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful
mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro
cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature's best work. Tucson is
known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days
per year, Tucson's fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the
outdoors year-round.DisclaimerEmployee Referral Award Eligibility:
Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential
to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and
RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met (see
guidelines) to receive the Referral Awarding.Raytheon Technologies
is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other
federally protected class.
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, Las Vegas , Minimum $20k Sign-on Bonus** Sr Electrical Engineer, Digital Power Design, Professions , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!