Minimum $20k Sign-on Bonus** Sr Electrical Engineer - Motor Controls
Company: Raytheon Missiles & Defense
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: June 25, 2022
**This position is eligible for a minimum of $20k Sign-On
Bonus**Sign on bonus is not permitted for internal candidatesAbout
Us:At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you have the opportunity to try
new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end
solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of
disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of
colleagues and customers.Job Summary:The Low Voltage Power Products
(LVPP) Department supports key Raytheon Missiles and Defense (RMD)
products, by providing mission-critical designs relating to power
conversion, motor controls, flight termination systems, telemetry,
and other analog domains.We are looking for mid-level engineers who
have control electronics knowledge to help design robust control
systems for important national defense products.We value diverse
skills and experience, so don't hold back. Your qualification could
add tremendous value to our team. Our customers come from all
different backgrounds, and so do our employees. If you're
passionate about what you could accomplish here, we'd love to hear
from you.Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Design, analyze, simulate, test, and document control
electronics (and related analog) circuitry. This circuitry will
dominantly involve motor drive, sensor interface, and controller
circuits. Main emphasis is on board-mounted control end use
- Architect at the circuit card level.
- See circuit card development through its design phases, from
requirements definition through initial integration testing.
- Drive to meet schedule concerns. Define schedules for circuit
and circuit card level tasking.
- Guide ECAD drafters through layout and routing activities, with
minimal support from senior engineers. Define layer stackup
definitions. Be aware of creepage and clearance concerns.
- Lead small teams to success with schedule, budget, and
- Engage in personal technical growth, and encourage technical
growth in peers and junior engineers.
- Clearly present work product of your team to functional and
program leadership. Participate in risk management discussions.
Begin to guide junior engineers on technical presentation
skills.Qualifications You Must Have:
- Bachelor's in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- 5+ years of related experience
- Design, analysis, test, and simulation experience with analog
or digital controls, and driving one or more of the following motor
types: Brushed, BLDC or PMSM.
- Experience with analog electronics design, including at least
four of the following: FET/BJT logic level, op-amp, high/low/band
pass filters, clock/data termination, and comparator circuits.
- Experience guiding drafters through the ECAD process, including
the layout and routing concerns specific to control
- Experience with designing at the circuit card level to meet
concerns of adjacent disciplines, such as thermal, structural,
mechanical, reliability, and quality.
- Experience utilizing and creating electrical design
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance.
U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for
a security clearanceQualifications We Value:
- A self-starter, a quick learner, be able to function in a
dynamic environment, and have good time management skills.
Professional experience leading small teams.
- Professional experience communicating and documenting technical
topics at the small and large team level, and experience presenting
to lower levels of management.
- Professional experience conducting trade studies relating to
control electronics architecture at the circuit card level.
- Exposure to professional EMI Filter design, analysis, test, and
simulation considerations in control electronics circuits.
- Exposure to professional sensor (magnetic encoder, resolver,
Hall Effect) use design, analysis, test, and simulation
considerations in control electronics circuits. A conceptual
understanding of sensors and their selection.
- Limited professional experience with digital control
electronics design, analysis, simulation, and test. Includes
familiarity with embedded systems architecture and firmware
development for digital control systems.
- Limited professional experience with wide bandgap devices (SiC,
GaN) in control electronics designs.
- Limited professional experience with circuit/system simulator
SaberRD, and MATLAB Simulink. Knowledge of dSPACE is not required
- Limited professional experience with Mentor Graphics
DxDesigner, and/or Hyperlynx.
- Limited professional experience with acting as a liaison
between program and functional management in a cross-matrixed
- Limited professional experience with military
- Limited professional experience with design considerations for
voltages > 100V.
- Limited professional experience with program management tools
such as Earned Value.
- Limited professional experience with proposal development.What
We Offer:Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or
are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards
package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare,
wellness, retirement, and work/life benefits; career development
and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer
include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work
schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care.Location Information:This position is
located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and
laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a
metropolitan region and recognized as one of America's 10 Best
Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran
Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with
some of nature's best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue
skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson's
fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors
year-round.Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees
currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a
Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles.
ALL eligibility requirements must be met (see guidelines) to
receive the Referral Awarding.#LI-OnsiteRaytheon Technologies is An
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other
federally protected class.
Keywords: Raytheon Missiles & Defense, Las Vegas , Minimum $20k Sign-on Bonus** Sr Electrical Engineer - Motor Controls, Professions , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!