Cyber Security Analyst II
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: August 7, 2022
OverviewMission Support and Test Services, LLC, MSTS, is a
limited liability company consisting of Honeywell International
Inc. (Honeywell), Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs), and
Stoller Newport News Nuclear, Inc. (SN3). With more than 2,500
employees, MSTS manages operations at the Nevada National Security
Site and at its related facilities and laboratories for the
National Nuclear Security Administration's Nevada Field Office, an
agency within the Department of Energy. NNSA maintains and enhances
the safety, security, reliability, and performance of the U.S.
nuclear weapons stockpile without nuclear testing and works to
reduce global danger from weapons of mass destruction. *We offer
highly competitive salaries and great benefits, including 96 hours
of holiday pay, tuition assistance and reimbursement, a pension
plan & 401K, paid time off and more. -(Casual employees are only
eligible for 401K)MSTS is a limited liability company consisting of
Honeywell International Inc. (Honeywell), Jacobs Engineering Group
Inc. (Jacobs), and HII Nuclear Inc.ResponsibilitiesMSTS is seeking
a candidate wishing to serve as a Cyber Security Analyst for the
Emergency Communications and Services Division (ECSD), Emergency
Communications Network (ECN) Cyber Security Department located at
the Remote Sensing Laboratory, Nellis (RSLN) on Nellis Air Force
Base in Nevada. -Key Responsibilities
- MSTS is seeking a candidate wishing to serve as a Cyber
Security Analyst for the Emergency Communications and Services
Division (ECSD), Emergency Communications Network (ECN) Cyber
Security Department located at the Remote Sensing Laboratory,
Nellis (RSLN) on Nellis Air Force Base in Nevada.
- Assist in researching, compiling, and analyzing technical
- Assist the ISSM and ISSOs with the execution of their assigned
- Assist senior Cyber Security staff with the design of networks
and systems with a security focus, ensuring systems are developed
in accordance with federal law, customer requirements,
certification and accreditation requirements, and industry best
- Support incident response and forensics and collaborates with
the incident response team as requested. May conduct forensic
software and hardware validations.
- May create logical and physical forensic images of digital
evidence via the network or directly from hosts.
- Identify, report, and assist in the remediation of Cyber
Security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Validate the functionality of security tools within the
- Support design/deployment/maintenance of new and existing
security infrastructure capabilities.
- Conduct a variety of Cyber Security policy compliance tasks
such as discovering unauthorized devices, conducting site surveys
for non-compliance, and ensuring network access requirements are
- Scan network devices for vulnerabilities and configuration
baseline compliance and reports findings.
- Review Cyber Security threat information and assists with
mitigating vulnerabilities identified.
- May monitor intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS),
security incident and event management (SIEM) tools, endpoint
security tools, email gateways, firewalls, network infrastructure
and other appliances for security issues.
- Assist with data calls, FISMA reporting, compliance scanning
and reporting, continuous monitoring and compiling reports for
- Use established standards, practices and procedures as well as
an increasing technical knowledge to solve problems and complete
- Review Cyber Security threat information and participates in
escalation of mitigating vulnerabilities identified.
- Support national emergency response groups emergency response
drills, exercises, and real-world events through on-call
availability and travel via commercial and military aircraft when
- Contribute in a team environment to evaluate new technologies
and provide recommendations.
- Promote project management best practices and coaches project
team members in applying the necessary skills, knowledge, and
abilities that promote project success and continuous improvement.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent training and experience in a
computer-related field and at least 2 years of experience in a
- Demonstrates an understanding of principles, theories,
standards, practices, protocols, and procedures used in Cyber
- Knowledge of network-based services and client/server
applications, familiarity with intrusion detection systems,
familiarity with network architecture and security infrastructure
- Ability to use network scanning and vulnerability tools and
interpret the results.
- Ability to review and validate remediation efforts of
vulnerability scan results.
- Understanding of encryption technologies, identity and
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally
and in writing, enough to communicate with co-workers, customers,
testify, write clear and concise reports, gather information, and
- Ability to use multiple electronic devices including standard
office machines, cellular phones, and security appliances.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security vulnerabilities, mitigation
strategies, network architecture, and how to apply security
- Ability to articulate highly technical processes and
information to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements necessary to safely
and effectively perform all assigned duties.
- Knowledge of the Emergency Communications Network (ECN), RSL
mission is desired.
- Preferred qualifications:
- GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
- GIAC Certified Windows Security Administrator (GCWN)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Cisco Certified Technician (CCT)
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- The primary work location will be based at the Remote Sensing
Laboratory at Nellis Air Force Base, Las Vegas, NV (RSL-N).
- Work schedule for this position will be 4/10s. Must be willing
to perform on-call duty and ensure availability to work
- Personnel may be requested by leadership to work more than 40
hours per week due to projects, activities, and emergences;
critical operational demands may occasionally require off-shift
- Pre-placement physical examination, which includes a drug
screen, is required. MSTS maintains a substance abuse policy that
includes random drug testing.
- Must possess a valid driver's license. -MSTS is required by DOE
directive to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background
review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law
enforcement records, and employment/education verifications.
Applicants offered employment with MSTS are also subject to a
federal background investigation to meet the requirements for
access to classified information or matter if the duties of the
position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or
illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity,
serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can
cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by DOE, resulting in
the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent
termination of employment. In addition, Applicants for employment
must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security
clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship, at least 18 years of
age. Reference DOE Order -472.2, Personnel Security. If you hold
more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country),
your ability to obtain a security clearance may be impacted.
-Department of Energy Q Clearance (position will be cleared to this
level). Reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as
defined in 10 CFR Part 707.4, Workplace Substance Abuse Programs at
DOE Sites, will be conducted. -Applicant selected will be subject
to a Federal background investigation, required to participate in
subsequent reinvestigations, and must meet the eligibility
requirements for access to classified matter. Successful completion
of a counterintelligence evaluation, which may include a
counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination, may also be
required. Reference 10 CFR Part 709, Counterintelligence Evaluation
Program. - -MSTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran
status or other characteristics protected by law. MSTS is a
background screening, drug-free workplace.
Keywords: UNAVAILABLE, Las Vegas , Cyber Security Analyst II, Professions , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!