Plasma Sample Processing Technician (Immediate Benefits)
Company: Biolife Plasma Services
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: August 7, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge. Job Description About BioLife Plasma
ServicesEvery day at BioLife, we feel good knowing that what we do
helps improve the lives of patients with rare diseases. While you
focus on our donors, we ll support you. We offer a purpose you can
believe in, a team you can count on, opportunities for career
growth, and a comprehensive benefits program, all in a fast-paced,
friendly environment. BioLife Plasma Services is a subsidiary of
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Ltd. The starting rate for this
position is $17. Employee may be eligible for Short Term and/or
Long Term incentive benefits based on role and job level. Employees
may also be eligible to participate in Medical, Dental. Vision,
Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable Contribution Match, Company
Holidays, Personal & Vacation Days, Student Loan Repayment Program
and Paid Volunteer Time Off. This position will include 6 weeks of
training based in our current Las Vegas location. You will report
to the new Las Vegas Sahara location beginning December 2022.
OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE Responsible for all Sample Processing job
skills, including, preparing plasma units for freezing, preparing
samples of plasma for testing, and preparing plasma units and
samples for shipment.All below listed responsibilities must be
completed in compliance with federal, state, local and
company-specific regulations related to quality of product,
employee and donor safety, and to the proper performance of
day-to-dayactivities. Employees must also maintain complete and
accurate records, in accordance with cGMP. ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide exceptional customer service to internal and external
- Perform all required duties in the area of Sample Processing
(including, but not limited to): (95%)
- Prepare units for frozen storage.
- Collect and store samples from plasma units for testing.
- Perform routine maintenance on the freezer including monitoring
freezer and refrigerator temperatures and removing ice
- Prepare frozen plasma units and samples for shipping following
- Organize plasma boxes/documents for scheduled shipments and
assist in loading shipments.
- Manage supplies, assist management team with inventory control
procedures, break down empty cartons and assist with proper
disposal. DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS Technical/Functional (Line)
- Supports the center management team in identifying operational
opportunities for continuous improvement, initiating changes to
center processes as needed, through use of company approved
procedures (including but not limited to 5S, Value Stream Mapping
- Maintain general cleanliness of work area and assist other work
areas as needed to ensure a clean and professional
- Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
and to maintain complete and accurate rec ords.
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team player.Leadership
- Putting the patient at the center
- Building trust with society
- Reinforcing our reputation
- Developing the businessDecision-making and Autonomy
- Refers to Center Manager for guidance on complex, medium-impact
or above decisions (internal)
- Refers to management team for escalated donor/employee concerns
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service to
donors (external) and fellow employees (internal)
- Attend staff meetings and other team meetings as required.
- Good verbal communication and customer service
- Coordinates will all other center roles to effectively problem
solve, ensure safety of staff and donors, and provide an
exceptional customer experience.Complexity
- Production environment requiring the ability to walk and stand
for the entire work shift.
- Requires frequent leaning, bending, stooping, crouching, and
reaching above the shoulders and below the knee.
- Requires frequent lifting up to 26 lbs. and occasional lifting
of materials 32 lbs. - 50 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally work in a cold environment ranging
from -20 C (-4 F) to -40 C (-40F).
- Must have fine motor coordination, depth perception, and
ability to hear equipment sounds from a distance.
- Due to potential exposure to blood borne pathogens (risk level
1), 90% of work tasks require pro-longed glove wear DUCATION,
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS: Essential: High School Diploma
or equivalent requiredDesired: Experience in a laboratory,
hospital, or other regulated environment is a plus ADDITIONAL
- FLSA Classification (US) - Non-Exempt
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.EEO Statement
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Locations USA - NV - Las Vegas - Sahara Worker Type Employee Worker
Sub-Type Regular Time Type Full time
Keywords: Biolife Plasma Services, Las Vegas , Plasma Sample Processing Technician (Immediate Benefits), Professions , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!