INFORMATION SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN
Company: BOULDER CITY HOSPITAL.
Location: Boulder City
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Under the supervision and direction of the Boulder City IT System/Security Manager, The Information System Technician will support the IT initiatives in the hospital and its affiliates. This role will have some operational impacts including but are not limited to serving as the point of contact for end users, software vendors and leadership. This role will work in tandem to assist with identified system issues, service requests regarding main hospital information system and/or subsystems and the LAN with its related software. This position will support and back up the Clinical Systems Analyst, Network Administrators and Helpdesk functions for the hospital and its affiliates.
Must be able to work under sustained pressure and during stressful situations. This role will perform responsible and moderately complex entry level duties by troubleshooting, maintain, install, repairs and modifies personal computer's hardware and software. Troubleshooting is done (in person, by telephone, or via work order) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required. General PC, Microsoft office training assistance, logging/monitoring service requests with general hospital system and EHR vendors, reporting and technical report writing are some expected functions performed by this role. This position must offer great customer service to hospital and its affiliates and acts as a liaison between
departments, IT and vendors related to system issues resolution and training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists with all functions of the Information Systems Department.
2. Installs, configures and maintains PC's and related hardware and peripherals including but not limited to: PC, Printers, Scanners, IP Phones, Wireless Access Points, A/V equipment
3. Installs, configures, updates and maintains MS Windows and various software packages,
including but not limited to: Operating Systems, drivers, virus and spyware removal tools, MS Office, Java, Adobe Acrobat and Citrix.
4. Ability to work with the end users to move from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Performs basic diagnostics and preventive maintenance steps.
5. Communicates with outside vendors when needed to help resolve hardware and software issues.
6. Troubleshoots basic network issues.
7. Coordinate and/or perform necessary data-entry tasks, whether it be entering the data directly or verifying that users can and are entering the data correctly, reliably, and efficiently themselves.
8. Perform various daily and monthly procedures
9. Create and Update articles in the department Knowledge Base
10. Communicates and works with computer users in person and over the phone. Must be patient, thorough, and customer service oriented with excellent communication skills.
11. Able to work Day, Swing, Grave shifts.
12. Reports any areas of concern to the Information Systems Manager.
13. Communicates with co-workers, management, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
14. Abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
15. Follows all safety rules.
Keywords: BOULDER CITY HOSPITAL., Las Vegas , INFORMATION SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN, Professions , Boulder City, Nevada
here to apply!