Accounts Receivable Specialist
Company: ACCO Engineered Systems
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: May 27, 2023
General Job Description:
To support maintenance of the highest possible quality of accounts
receivable, by fully utilizing available resources to provide
accurate and timely information to all internal and external
clients. The Accounts Receivable Specialist will also provide
support and assistance in credit and collections as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for correctly posting of all deposits both manual
checks and Wires, ACH, credit cards, etc.
- Ensure deposits are timely and accurately posted to the correct
GL Accounts and total to the penny for each account daily.
- Ensure there are no Unposted or Unapplied payments.
- Responsible for providing a detailed batch review in JDE for
every batch posting of deposits.
- Filing of all payments to the specific job files, so that
payments can be viewed by Collectors, etc.
- Ensure all batches are sent into GL for Final posting, once
verified all coding and values are correct.
- Reconciliation of assigned customer accounts with balances,
collection of Invoices, submitting adjustments to correct billing
errors. Communicate with the customer to request information, and
collect outstanding balances.
- Report on reconciliation and collection status for assigned
accounts and take an active role in developing relationships with
customers to facilitate the collections process.
- Provide assistance/backup for department Cash Application
Specialist. This includes daily check deposits, ACH deposits,
processing of credit card payments and month end reporting.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Position Requirements (Skills, Work Experience, Education,
Certifications, Licenses, etc.):
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Requires complete understanding and the ability to perform all
essential job functions of a Claims & Cash Analyst, including
reconciliation and collection of assigned accounts.
- Must have detailed knowledge of invoicing, writing up all types
of billing adjustments.
- Ability to research customer claims, disputes and problem
situations and utilize investigative skills to analyze Invoice
disputes and internal documentation to resolve claims as
- Ability to resolve problems and be proactive.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for both
internal and external communication.
- Must be analytical, detailed oriented, a self-starter, highly
organized, highly accurate, flexible and a team player.
- Experience in MS Excel, Word, and proficient in typing and
10-key by touch.
- Must be able to manipulate data in a heavy volume spreadsheet
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and able to meet
deadlines with an attention to detail.
- Must be able to negotiate successfully with customers,
establishing a positive rapport, with a relationship that
facilitates the collection process.
- Must have the ability to diffuse difficult situations and
conduct self in a professional and non-threatening manner.
Additional Skills/Abilities Preferred, but Not Required:
- Experience with Account Receivable and Customer Service
software packages preferred.
- Must have experience communicating effectively and tactfully
with persons on all levels including their staff, in person, on the
telephone, and in writing, regarding reconciliation and collection
issues, systems, processes and procedures.
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and
provide good written and oral instructions. This experience must
include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work
- BA/BS degree in accounting/business/finance/computer
science/systems or related field highly recommended.
- Proactivity / Initiative: Recognizes what needs to be done and
accomplishes it in a manner appropriate for one's level/position
and with minimal supervision.
- Perseverance: Shows the wherewithal to fight for difficult
goals despite challenges and to bounce back from adversity.
- Insight: The ability to gather and make sense of information
that suggests new possibilities.
- Engagement: Shows a knack for using emotion and logic to
communicate a persuasive vision and connect with people.
- Teamwork: The ability to effectively work toward common goals
with others by supporting, encouraging, and sharing information in
an authentic and approachable manner.
- Big Picture: Understands and contributes to organizations'
short- and long-term business strategy. On a personal level has
independently developed a vision for short- and long-term career
- Motivation / Dedication: Commits to excellence in pursuing
unselfish goals. Initiates action with collective goals takes
responsibility, and shows personal humility.
- Technical Curiosity / Willingness to Learn: Interest in seeking
out new experiences, knowledge, and candid feed, back;
demonstrating an openness to learning and change.
- Problem-Solver: Ability to identify, analyze, and solve a
problem in support of personal, group, department, or
(The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds,
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close
vision and Distance vision.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to walk and sit; climb or
balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl (for purposes of filling
- The employee is occasionally required to reach above shoulder
height to access storage cabinets and mail cubicles.
Hours: This is a non-exempt position from Monday through Friday.
Work hours begin and end between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm with one-hour
break for lunch and two rest breaks. Eight hours per day is
required and other occasional overtime may be necessary per
Travel: 0 -5% of the time to and from the primary office to
regional branch offices.
Why join ACCO? ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest
mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and
builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more
than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design,
fabrication, installation, maintenance and service of commercial
and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and
building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or
high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital,
semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing
plant...ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical
system to meet your needs.
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our
customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San
Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years,
we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for
talented individuals to join our team.
What's great about working at ACCO is that we're a big enough
company to be the leader in HVAC mechanical contracting in
California and the Southwest U.S., but as a 100% employee-owned
ESOP, we're a private company with a family-oriented feel. Several
of our employees have worked at ACCO for twenty-five, thirty, and
even over forty years! Together, the employees of ACCO are
comprised of intelligent, dedicated, and entrepreneurial team
members who put customers first and enjoy what they do.
ACCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are
encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. - Pay Transparency
ACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for
Keywords: ACCO Engineered Systems, Las Vegas , Accounts Receivable Specialist, Professions , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...