Company: Helix Electric
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: June 23, 2018
Helix Electric requires a well-rounded, technically astute engineering and project leader who will ensure that projects profitable and quality standards are maintained while ensuring effective communication and working relationships across the groups, with other departments and divisions, and with the customer. This Project Executive will be accountable for developing and building strong teams for each project while delivering quality output, meeting customer expectations, managing to scope, delivering on time, and delivering within budget. The ideal candidate will be a strong manager and leader who can develop and implement effective tools, processes, and communications to ensure the continued profitable growth of the division.
- Drive division profitability through effective project execution.
- Develop and lead project management technical and schedule goals, procurement and contractual requirements, personnel assignments and capacity planning.
- Evaluate and continually improve the systems and processes used by the department to effectively meet customer requirements and profitability goals.
- Manage, mentor, and develop a group of approximately 3 direct and 10 total reports.
- Review the overall contractual requirements for all projects and specific process design methodology for individual projects as required.
- Ensure schedule requirements are met for all projects. Readily adjust priorities and milestones based upon changing customer needs, resource availability, and job requirements.
- Interact with the customer to validate expectations are understood and met before, during and after project completion.
- Provide oversight for third party construction firms.
- Manage project review process with particular emphasis on financial forecasting.
- Ensure high quality engineering, studies, and Helix project delivery.
- Proactively and systematically communicate challenges, risks and successes.
- Oversee invoice per project terms and negotiate appropriate change orders.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Project Management experience in electrical construction.
- Understand engineering in electric power.
- Substation, transmission, and distribution project experience.
- Field experience coordinating with construction management.
- Extensive knowledge of project scheduling, bids, take offs, change orders, and contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and assist in winning projects.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Exceptional analytical, motivational, and leadership skills.
- BSEE or Construction Management strongly preferred.
- Journeyman or Master Electrician's license a plus.
Helix Electric is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran. Diverse employees/candidates are encouraged to respond. Helix Electric is committed to developing and maintaining a workplace which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Keywords: Helix Electric, Las Vegas, Project Executive, Professions, Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!