Company: Concentric Methods
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: May 21, 2019
Cape Fox Shared Service and Concentric Methods is
seeking a Lactation Consultant to provide full time
services to our deserving Air Force at the Nellis AFB in
Las Vegas, NV.
This is for future positions, incumbents are encouraged
* Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide
array of healthcare professionals.
* Facilitate the achievement of optimal outcomes in
relation to clinical care, quality and cost
* Ensure compliance with standards of care and
practice in accordance with all established
policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the
* Perform physical exam and health histories.
* Provide health promotions, counseling, and
* Administer medications, wound care, and numerous
other personalized interventions.
* Direct and supervise care provide by other
* Accountable for making patient care assignments
based on the scope of practice and skill level of
* Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly
react in emergency situations.
* Communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of
people for the purpose of informing the healthcare
team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to
benefit the patient/family and organization.
* Make referral appointments and arrange specialty
care as appropriate.
* Perform nursing services identified in the TO.
* Conduct research in support of improved practice and
* Performs comprehensive lactation assessment of the
mother and her infant within the hospital setting in
accordance with the policy and guidelines of
postpartum and newborn nursery care required for
* Provides comprehensive care to the perinatal mother
desiring to lactate.
* Assesses mothers and newborns for normal/abnormal
anatomy to determine ability to breastfeed.
* Creates a milieu that promotes learning for staff
* Conducts bedside lactation rounds daily.
* Integrates cultural, psychosocial, nutritional, and
pharmacological aspects of breastfeeding into
lactation consultant practice.
* Acts as an advocate for breastfeeding in the
community, workplace, and within the health care
* Maintains comprehensive client records.
* Consults with mothers having breastfeeding
* Participates appropriately in communication and
decision-making activities within the Birthing
Center and Pediatric Clinic.
* Appropriately refers breastfeeding mothers for
breast pump rentals and supplies.
* Plans, teaches and conducts in-service education for
maternity nursing staff.
* Plans, organizes and delivers lactation management
services to all breastfeeding patients, both
in-patient and out-patient.
* Possesses excellent oral and written communication
* Conducts quality assurance programs to monitor the
caliber of the program.
* Effectively communicates and collaborates with a
diverse group of people for the purpose of informing
the healthcare team of plans/actions, for
teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and
* Effectively uses appropriate communication format in
addressing professional issues
* Uses excellent written communication skills to
perform accurate documentation, both written and
electronic, of all activity in accordance with
* Upon arrival receive inpatient report from charge
nurse.to review pts that need lactation consultation
from deliveries during the night and if there where
difficulties during the night with breastfeeding.
Will also be reachable throughout the shift via
assigned cell phone.
* Will be an active member of the MikeO'Callaghan
Federal Medical Center's Breastfeeding Task Force.
* Will round on every inpatient breast mother at least
once a day. Will respond to staff and patient needs
throughout the shift for lactation consults.
* Acts as an advocate for breastfeeding in the Nellis
AFB community, Mike O'Callaghan Federal Medical
Center, and it's health care professionals. While
the base has an active LaLeche League if Lactation
Consult would like to be involved this will be on a
voluntary basis and not interfere with patient care
nor work hours.
* Document in patient's comprehensive medical records
electronic; to insure continuity of care easily
reviewed by providers and nursing staff. This will
include both inpatient and outpatient record
* Consults with mothers and infants having
breastfeeding difficulties both inpatient and
* Ensures patient receive a prescription from
providers for breast pump reimbursement as needed
* Conducts chart audits on inpatient and outpatient
charts to monitor breastfeeding statistics. Will
keep a running spread sheet for tracking and report
monthly to the Breastfeeding Task Force.
* Bachelor s Degree in Nursing. Graduate from a
college or university accredited by National League
for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), or The
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
* Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support:
Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
* Board Certification: International Board Certified
* Three years of experience in nursing after
* Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted
license to practice as a Registered Nurse in any of
the 50 US States.
Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates
provide equal employment opportunities to all persons
and prohibit employment decisions on the basis of race,
religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age,
disability, political affiliation, protected veteran
status, or sexual orientation. Cape Fox Corporation, its
subsidiaries and affiliates offer preference to Cape Fox
Corporation shareholders, descendants and other Native
Americans pursuant to Public Law 100-241.
Keywords: Concentric Methods, Las Vegas , Lactation Consultant, Professions , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!