Member Service Representative II (FT)
Company: Silver State Schools Credit Union
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionMember Service Representative IIFull Time (40
Hours)Monday - Saturday (Varies)Serene Branch9302 S Eastern Avenue,
Suite 100Las Vegas, NV 89123PURPOSE:The primary purpose of this
position is to assist Silver State Schools Credit Union tolive out
its Mission, "Excellent Member Service and Financial Solutions -
For Life," by providing outstanding service to both members and
internal members. A key component of this service is to identify
member needs and provide appropriate credit union product
- To deliver service in alignment with our Service Commitments
- I will earn respect and build trust by acting with integrity in
- I will understand my role in supporting the team to achieve our
- I will focus on people over products and build lasting
- I will take ownership and accept responsibility.
- I will treat my coworkers with the same high standards as I
treat my member.
- I will continuously look for ways to improve myself, my credit
union, and my community.
- I will accept there is no "they". We are one working toward the
- I will commit to the core values.
- Possess adequate product knowledge as measured by the annual
product knowledge certification assessment.
- Meet or exceed established sales and service
goals.SUMMARY:Responsible for building relationships with our
credit union members. Must be able to present credit union products
and services that match the member needs. Assist members in
resolving account and/or loan related problems.Build member
relationships through proactively identifying additional products
and services that will aid the member in achieving their financial
goals. Communicate effectively with prospective and current members
and to represent the credit union in a positive and professional
manner.Provide highest level of caring, personalized service and
quality products, while staying abreast of members' needs and
expectations.Within written authorities and in accordance with
sound underwriting practices as set forth in policy/procedure
manuals, this position examines, evaluates, inputs data, and
assists with qualifying the borrower/member application request for
secured/unsecured fixed rate loans or open-end lines of credit.All
new account and/or loan applications, and any services or products
requested by a member are expected to be facilitated including
proper communication and documentation within the required service
standard levels set forth by the institution.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be
assigned.In accordance with prescribed methods and operating
policies and established practice, the Member Service
- Professionally greets and interviews members and potential
members to determine financial needs. Suggests and explains
appropriate deposits, lending, and investment products.
- Contributes to the credit union's strategic focus on loan &
member growth and member service.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to ensure timely and
accurate opening, processing, funding of all accounts (accounts and
- Processes and opens new accounts and additional services while
meeting cross-sell performance standards.
- Uncovers opportunities to refer business to other lines of
business partners within the credit union such as mortgage
solutions, member business solutions, or investment solutions.
- Responsible for accurately completing all Safe Deposit Box
- May Process a variety of financial transactions for members
including issuing checks, processing deposits and withdrawals from
accounts, filing insurance claims, issues certificates, drafts, and
other negotiable instruments.
- Identify cross-sell opportunities to enhance relationship with
member and provide enhanced services to members by maintaining
expert level of knowledge of Credit Union features and benefits,
products, and services. This position models a retail type sales
and service environment.
- Take ownership of all member requests or complaints with
minimal need to refer to another department within the Credit
- Responds and researches member inquiries regarding the
operation of accounts, access to services, resolving account
discrepancies, balancing, and reconciling, adding or reducing
service features on various accounts, and assisting members to make
the most effective use of Credit Union's automated services.
- Analyze completed loan applications and supporting
documentation submitted by the borrower. Analyzes the applicant's
financial status, credit history, and collateral, when applicable,
to determine feasibility of qualifying the requested loan.
- Provides counseling to applicants, members, and dealers
regarding loan decisions and applicable policies and procedures.
Ensures that the policies and procedures are adhered to within
established guidelines. Acts as a liaison between members and
dealers to generate quality loans that are within established
- Responsible for accurately completing and reviewing all loan
applications, gathering supporting documentation, analyzing
applicant's financial status and credit worthiness, and valuing the
collateral prior to submitting applications to Consumer Lending for
a credit decision.
- Looks for ways to qualify the loan request by gathering
additional information when needed, presenting counteroffers when
applicable, and suggesting cross-sell opportunities to the
- Completes each applicable task, stipulation, or condition
within lending platform as applicable.
- Ensures all executed documentation and packets (includes all
forms for new accounts and loans) are complete, accurate and
archived according to policy requirements and compliance
- Responsible for complete and accurate analysis and input of
income verifications, title reports, and collateral appraisals,
- Describes and recommends suitable insurance products and
- Responsible for efficiently and accurately communicating all
credit decisions to applicants in a timely manner.
- Outbound calling may be required for campaigns, promotions, and
- Explains the features and benefits of all credit union
electronic services. Included but not limited to the following:
(Debit Card, Mobile Banking, Online Bill Pay, Online Banking,
Direct Deposit, ACH Debit/Credit, and Payroll Deduction)
- Assist with auditing (cash balancing, atm balancing, instant
issue cards etc.)
- Follow established credit union policies and procedures,
government rules and regulations, and visitor and security
- Perform all required functions with accuracy, efficiency,
dependability, and within the Credit Union's standard of
- Competent and confident in the sales environment.
- Cooperative and positive attitude toward members, potential
members, and credit union team.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Understand the importance of "first responders" tile in the
overall image and service satisfaction of members, and continuously
works to maintain a high satisfaction standard.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION and/or
EXPERIENCE:High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Associate's degree (A. A.) preferred or equivalent from two year
college or technical school; and a minimum of 2-4 years banking or
credit union experience and/or training; or equivalent combination
of education and related experience. Thorough knowledge of credit
union's computer system for performing basic input/output tasks
including Word and Excel desired.
*ONLY FULLY COMPLETED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED***SEE RESUME
ON APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED**SILVER STATE SCHOOLS CREDIT
UNION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER (EOE)DRUG-FREE
Keywords: Silver State Schools Credit Union, Las Vegas , Member Service Representative II (FT), Sales , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!