Customer Service Representative
Company: First Transit
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Have you considered being a Professional Customer Service
Representative? Now is your chance! Become a Customer Service
Representative with First Transit! We need full-time Customer
Service Representatives in Las Vegas, Nevada to act as a liaison
for our internal/ external customers, and providers. We are seeking
compassionate, driven, team-oriented people to serve our elderly
and disabled customers by supporting them with transportation
solutions. If you are ambitious, good with people, and enjoy a
diverse community, then you will enjoy this role working with our
friendly cross-functional team. Job Purpose Provide friendly
service to passengers and guides them to the correct bus for their
destination, ensuring the bus is not overloaded Major
- Greets all passengers in the loading areas in a courteous and
- Maintains a strong attendance record.
- Guides passengers to the buses in proper loading order as
defined in location policies and counts passengers and monitors
luggage to ensure no overloading of the buses.
- Works in a team environment and communicates with supervisors
and other CSR staff verbally and through hand signals to keep the
process of loading smooth and efficient.
- Facilitates and assists ADA passengers to the designated
loading areas or Rent-a-Car counters.
- Keeps the loading area clear of all items that could pose a
safety hazard to the staff or passengers and reports all hazards to
the supervisor immediately.
- Maintains complete focus on their area of responsibility and
communicates with other staff as needed.
- Makes proper decisions in the loading of buses taking into
account passenger flow and bus availability.
- Notifies supervisor of overloads, accidents, passenger
incidents, medical concerns, and passenger behavior problems
- Works in a safe and efficient manner at all times.
- Completes and submits written reports concerning passengers and
all accidents. Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum Experience & Skills
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English and perform basic
- Due to international travelers, a second language is a plus,
but is not required.
- Ability to work under stress and meet strict timelines.
- The ability to work shifts that may start at any time of the
day (24-hour service).
- Must be able to work without direct supervision in a
- Must read and understand signs, bus rotation plans, and
customer service guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills including the use of a 2-way
- Able to work shift hours and days assigned. Physical
Requirements & Working Conditions
- Pushing/Pulling – must be able to handle heavy wheelchairs and
- Lifting – Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds of luggage on an
- Walking – Up to 8-hours per day crossing bus lot, walking on
curb at the terminals or Rent-a-Car Center.
- Sitting – Less than 30 minutes per day while riding in a
- Climbing – In and out of a bus when going to or from work area,
going up or down stairs.
- Reaching – Must be able to reach to assist drivers with luggage
when directed by supervisors.
- Handling – Doorknobs and handles.
- Hearing – Detecting problems with passengers on bus, hearing
emergency vehicles, detecting unusual engine noise, and hearing
- Bending/Stooping/Squatting – Checking for and retrieving lost
items on the ground.
- Seeing – Reading signs and spotting ADA passengers from a
- Talking – Communicating with passengers, supervisors, dispatch,
and fellow co-workers.
- Dropping – From emergency door to ground.
- Standing – Must be able to stand up to 8-hours per shift
- Subject to wet, cold (under 30 degrees), and/or hot (above 100
degrees) environmental conditions 8-hours per day.
- Subject to a low risk of injury due to vehicle accident,
mechanical failure, fire, and/or explosion while riding in a
service vehicle / bus.
- Subject to vehicle noise and vibration while riding in a
- Subject to vehicle exhaust fumes and odors, road dusts, and
mist. First for a Reason Benefits We offer competitive compensation
and benefits, including physical and mental health initiatives,
medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation. Diversity
& Inclusion Because we're stronger together, we aspire to have a
culture where all people are First. We're committed to providing an
inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Professional Advancement Start here. Go far. We believe in
promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for
you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In
addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future
leaders at First Transit. Extensive Training Build skills and
knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention,
technology and equipment, and job efficiency. Community Service &
Impact Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at
the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and
First Vehicle Services in your community, you'll have a positive
impact on others. First Transit carries approximately 350 million
passengers a year. As a call center representative, you will play
an integral role in our mission to provide solutions for an
increasingly congested world by keeping people moving and
communities prospering. APPLY TODAY! We aspire to have a culture
where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a
diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
Keywords: First Transit, Las Vegas , Customer Service Representative, Sales , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!