Area Director of Sales
Company: Residence Inn Las Vegas
Location: Las Vegas
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Highgate HotelsHighgate is a leading real estate investment and
hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in
the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway
cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and
Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The
hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all
stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through
recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of
developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands,
legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary
programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes
industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify
and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and
maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of
the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a
trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands.
Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas,
London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com.LocationResidence Inn
Las Vegas5875 Dean Martin DriveLas Vegas, NV 89118OverviewThe Area
Director of Sales & Marketing -is primarily responsible for leading
& driving top line revenue strategy for customary sales related
segments to include group & volume transient for the anchored
property (serving as Director of Sales & Marketing), and
additionally responsible for overseeing and managing area sales &
synergies for other market hotels assigned. -The individual is
expected to stay ahead of market trends, market share movement and
ongoing competitive hotel analysis, while directing the property
sales teams to insure budgeted revenues are met or exceeded. -The
Area Director of Sales & Marketing -is also responsible for
developing and implementing a marketing communications plan
designed to achieve the desired positioning for the hotel, as well
as managing the sales and marketing budget that supports revenue
attainment.This Area role is an ideal stepping stone toward gaining
multi-hotel oversight experience in preparation for a larger
regional oversight responsibility.Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading & driving top line revenue for
customary sales segments to include group, volume transient for the
primary hotel, as well as providing oversight to the sales leaders
at the other area hotels assigned.
- Assesses & reacts to market trends, market share & the
competitive hotel environment.
- Develops and implements a marketing communications plan
designed to achieve the desired positioning of the hotel, as well
as manage the sales & marketing budget that supports all
- Act as the hotels voice of the customer and communicate key
issues/concerns at all levels of the organization.
- Fluent in reading/assimilating/using Smith Travel Research
data, financial P&L, mix of sales, forecasting, group
pace/position & a wide array of traditional hotel reporting.
- Ability to understand and communicate market trends, demand
generators, supply/demand and economic factors affecting hotel
- Conduct comprehensive competitive set reviews, SWOT analysis &
keep tabs on new supply.
- Understand GEO source & ability to develop a plan to penetrate
the primary markets.
- Develop/implement key segment strategy & managing key accounts
(both existing & target).
- Design effective sales deployment schemes & market
- Develop sales goals designed to achieve budget & market share
- Manage group pace measurement and set sales production
- Manage sales activity & travel schedule.
- Take the lead and manage owner relations, communications and
expectations on behalf of Highgate Hotels for primary hotel as well
as the other area hotels assigned.Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Hotel Management, Business or Marketing
- At least a minimum of 5 years experience as a DOSM/sales
leader, with prior hotel sales experience.
- Area/Regional sales oversight of multi-hotels preferred.
- Experience dealing with/communicating with ownership groups and
- Proficient in managing/using sales automation (i.e. DELPHI or
alternative) & PMS systems.
- Experience working collaboratively with revenue management &
- Well-rounded knowledge of all market segments and channel
distribution sources, as well as ability to develop a strategic
plan for each.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
- Ability to direct, lead, train, motivate & drive a direct sales
team; and develop a cooperative & competitive team spirit & winning
- Must be proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, and
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines. -
Keywords: Residence Inn Las Vegas, Las Vegas , Area Director of Sales, Sales , Las Vegas, Nevada
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!